Many people know that there are hundreds of optical connectors in a car, so do you know how the types of car connectors are divided?
In general, the types of automotive connectors can be classified from six aspects: electrical function, installation location, connection structure, shape specification, size specification, shape specification, and operating frequency.
1. According to electrical functions: electronic control module (vehicle computer), lamp socket, temperature sensor, central electrical box, air conditioning wiring harness, audio entertainment
2. By installation location: chassis system, instrument panel, engine system, safety system
3. According to the connection structure: wire-to-wire, wire-to-board, board-to-board, flexible circuit board FPC, chip package (IC pin type)
4. By size: rectangle, round
5. According to shape specifications: circular connector (normal, coaxial), rectangular connector (sealed, unsealed)
6. By operating frequency: low frequency and high frequency (bounded by 3MHz)
As for other types of automotive connectors, they can be divided into other categories according to their use, special structure, installation method, and special performance, but generally only to highlight a certain feature and use, and the basic classification still does not exceed the above-mentioned classification principles.
Considering the technical development and actual situation of automotive connectors, here are some other categories of automotive connectors: ① low-frequency circular connectors; ② rectangular connectors; ③ printed circuit connectors; ④ optical fibers Connector; ⑤ RF connector.
Some terms must sound familiar to you. Even if you have never driven a car, you must have seen them in the subject one test, such as chassis system, instrument panel, engine system, temperature sensor, etc. The realization of these important functions requires automotive electronic connections. the credit of the device. The above are the types of automotive connectors that I want to introduce to you today. I believe that through the introduction of this article, you have a more in-depth understanding of the types of automotive connectors.
In recent years, with the general improvement of people's living conditions, cars are no longer a "luxury" that can only be driven by the rich, and they have entered thousands of households. People have higher and higher requirements for cars in terms of safety, comfort, environmental protection, intelligence, etc., and more and more automotive electronic products have been applied, such as car audio, GPS navigation, entertainment facilities, airbags, In-vehicle optical cable network, ABS system, etc. As the internal structure of automobiles becomes more and more complex, more and more automotive connectors are required. It is expected that the number of electronic connectors in future cars will be as high as 600~1000 per car, and the types of automotive connectors may also change. In the future, the market for automotive connectors will become larger and larger, and the development prospects are also very exciting.